Training Series Updates
1. The Weymouth Woods Nature Preserve will remain open to the public. Parking for the duathlon will be across the street from the entrance.
2. Day of registration and number pick up will be set up at 11 am next to the Welcome Center.
3. The run course has lots of uneven footing and roots so watch your stride and be careful.
4. Cyclocross & gravel bikes can be ridden on the mountain bike course. Be advised there are some patching sandy areas and the climbs can be a gearing challenge for these types of bikes.
5. The nature preserve has bathrooms and water fountains.
5. We will have mechanic support prior to the event for basic maintenance. However, you must be self supported during the event.
6. Some raffle items will be on display at the first event. Additional items are being sent from more sponsors.
7. The raffle will be during the last event on March 6th. Please be present to qualify to win.
REGISTRATION AND WAIVER
Team Adaptive Duathlon Training Series
Presented By May Street Bicycles
Dates: January 22, February 26, and March 26.
Event Options: Trail Run and Road Bike or Trail Run and Trail Bike (Please circle)
Entry Deadline: Mail in, or stop by the shop to pay, or pay day of eventJ
Entry Fees: Entry Fees are $_30 for each event or $75 for series.
Please make checks payable to May Street Bicycles.
Mail To: Greg Combs, May Street Bicycles, Southern Pines, NC 28387
Event Location: 1024 N Fort Bragg Rd, Southern Pines, NC 28387
Gender (M or F): ____
Last First middle initial Address: ________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________ City State Zip
Phone #:_____________________ Cell Phone #:__________________ Birth date: _________________
Email Address: _________________________________________________________________
Emergency Contact: _____________________________ Phone #: ___________________________
Total Money Enclosed With Your Entry: $_______________
Please sign and date the waiver below.
RELEASE, PERMISSION, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
Waiver. In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Team Adaptive Duathlon Training Series (“the Event”), I, for myself, my heirs or assigns, do hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue [May Street Bicycles, Weymouth Woods Nature Preserve], its/their officers, employees and agents from liability from any and all claims resulting in personal injuries, accidents or illnesses (including death) and property loss arising from my participation in the Tournament.
Assumption of Risk. Participation in the Tournament carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. The specific risks vary, but include 1) minor injuries such as bruises, sprains and dehydration, 2) major injuries such as eye injuries, joint, bone or back injuries, heat stroke, heart attacks, and concussions, and 3) catastrophic injuries such as paralysis and death. I have read the previous paragraphs and I know, understand and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in playing pickleball. I assert that my participation is voluntary and that I knowingly assume all such risks.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless. I also agree to indemnify and hold the Team Adaptive Duathlon Training Series harmless from any and all claims, actions, suits, costs, expenses, damages and liabilities, including attorney’s fees brought as a result of my involvement in the Tournament.
Use Permission. I also give the Team Adaptive Duathlon Training Series and its agents and designees permission to use or distribute, without limitation or obligation, my image, name, voice, and words for any purpose connected with the Event, including promotional, marketing, training, informational, and archival uses.
__________________________________ __________________________________ ____________
Signature of Participant Print Name of Participant Date
__________________________________ __________________________________ ____________ _____________
Signature of Parent/Guardian if Minor Print Name of Minor’s Parent/Guardian Date Minor’s Age_________________
Leave a Reply.
Ride Bikes... Be Awesome:)